10) Excuse number ten: We should boycott alcohol and cigeretts. Response number ten: Agreed.
9) Excuse number nine: Starbucks is not the only one doing this to us. Response number nine: Precisely! And we will not take it from Starbucks or any other entity.
8) Excuse number eight: The two young men will get paid for sitting in jail for nine hours. Response number eight: This is not about any one or two people, or an organization getting paid. This is about the economic future of Black people in America, and maybe in the world.
7) Excuse number seven: You can't tell me what to do with my money. Response number seven: Obviously not. Keep using your money to fund your own oppression and the oppression of your children and grandchildren.
6) Excuse number six: Starbucks has Black owners and Black employees. Response number six: Yes it does and we are very proud of them. But they all deserve better. And other businesses and companies should have more Black owners and Black employees. That is what the boycott is about!
5) Excuse number five: Starbucks is training all of their employees and is closing their stores for one day bias and prejudice training. Response number five: Studies show that trying to train away bias and prejudice with one day or 100 days of training is a waste of time and money.
4) Excuse number four: We should boycott the police. Response number four: You are so right. The police will not be left off the hook.
3) Excuse number three: We should boycott jail. Response number three: Obviously! But jail is interrelated with the systematic removal of resources from our communities. We want Starbucks to help restore those resources. (P.S. - How did we become the problem?)
2) Excuse number two: I love their coffee. Response number two: You are willing to trade your children's future and your racial dignity for a cup of coffee?
1) Excuse number one: The "White man" (their words - CEO Kevin White) apologized. Let him try his way. Response number one: Apologizing is not enough! Black people need action, not words of apology. And we need action our way, not his way. Now!!!
(Responses provided by blackstarproject.org)