SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINE EXTENDED. The Mass Black Male Graduation is an opportunity for young graduates to celebrate their accomplishments and speak with successful black leaders in the community. We are thrilled to offer $250 scholarships to seven graduates!
Saturday, June 25, 2016
10:30 am—12:30 pm
Metropolitan Apostolic Community Church
4100 South King Drive
Chicago, IL 60653
Featuring Keynote Speaker: George Wright, Community Development Midwest Director at Citi
This ceremony is designed to honor the graduates for their accomplishments and show them what is possible by introducing them to distinguished, successful individuals such as yourself. Before the ceremony, new graduates will have the opportunity to network and engage with leaders in the community, who will expose them to different models of success.
This event is free and open to the public.
Elementary, High School, and College graduates are eligible to participate in this event. Please register by Thursday, June 23, 2016 to participate in the ceremony.
To register for this event, please complete the following form: Mass Black Male Graduation Registration form
Scholarship Information: The Black Star Project is proud to support seven high school graduates with $250 scholarships.
To be considered for this scholarship opportunity, students must:
- Be high school graduates. These scholarships are available to all graduates who participate in the ceremony!
- Submit the registration form, with a complete Scholarship Application section by WEDNESDAY, JUNE 22, 2016 AT 11:59 PM. This short application only asks two questions:
- What high school, college, university, training program, military service, employment opportunity, or certification program will you attend post-graduation?
- What are your plans to give back to the community and make a positive difference now that you have graduated?
- Attend the ceremony. We will announce the recipients at the ceremony. If they are absent, the scholarship will be awarded to the runner-up.